Topic: first contender to reveal his nominees: Belgium,

BALTIMORE -- Even though the Boston Red Sox insist that theyve turned the page from last year, their first win of the season was eerily reminiscent of 2013. David Ortiz and Mike Napoli homered, John Lackey threw six sharp innings and Boston ruined the Baltimore debut of Ubaldo Jimenez with a 6-2 victory Wednesday night. Dustin Pedroia had four hits for the defending World Series champion Red Sox, now 1-1 after losing to Baltimore on opening day. "Dustin, David and Mike. Thats three of the better hitters in the league," said Boston manager John Farrell, who rode the trio to 97 wins during the 2013 regular season. Lackey (1-0) looked even sharper than he did last year, when he had a 3.52 ERA in 29 starts. In this one, the right-hander allowed two runs and three hits before handing the ball to the bullpen, which finished with three scoreless innings. "I just threw country hard balls the first few innings, then was able to mix in other pitches later on," Lackey said. "I was very pleased for the first time. It felt pretty good. Its something I can keep building on." Lackey said he made "one mistake" -- an 0-2 pitch that Nelson Cruz hit over the right field wall for his second homer in two games. But the Orioles did little else right against Lackey, who walked one and struck out six in improving to 14-5 lifetime against Baltimore. "He had command and he was throwing strikes and he was working fast," Orioles catcher Matt Wieters said. "It seemed like it was the fourth or fifth inning before we really started to see some pitches over the middle of the plate. Youve got to tip your hat to him. When he can locate like that with his kind of stuff, youre going to have success." Ortiz connected in the third inning and Napoli made it 4-2 with a two-run shot in the fifth. Both homers came off Jimenez (0-1), who signed a four-year contract with the Orioles in February after winning 13 games with Cleveland last year. "The one to David, that was a good pitch," Jimenez said. "It seems like he was looking for that pitch and he hit it good. But the one to Napoli, I would definitely like to have that back. Oh-and-2, big mistake. I was trying to go away and left it right down the middle." Jimenez allowed four runs, five hits and three walks in six innings. He struck out six in his lamentable Orioles debut. "You always want to win. But it is part of the game," he said. "Thats how it goes. I still have 30 more games to go. I have to get ready for my next one." Ortiz put the Red Sox up 2-0 in the third inning with a drive to right following a single by Pedroia. Ortiz was 0 for 7 lifetime against Jimenez before connecting. "The pitch to Ortiz wasnt a bad pitch," Wieters said. "He was probably looking for something in and he got it and he didnt miss it. Youve got to give him credit." Lackey gave up a leadoff single to Nick Markakis, then retired 11 straight before Chris Davis walked with two outs in the fourth. Cruz followed with an opposite-field drive to right on an 0-2 pitch. Signed as a free agent in February, Cruz has accounted for all of Baltimores four runs this season -- three RBIs and a run scored. In the fifth, Jimenez hit Daniel Nava with a pitch and Napoli homered on an 0-2 count. Boston pulled away in the seventh against Ryan Webb. After two singles and an intentional walk to Ortiz loaded the bases, Napoli lined a two-run single to left. Napoli had a major league-leading 31 RBIs last year with the bases loaded. And this year, nothings changed. "In that situation, youve got one out and the bases loaded, so Im just trying to hit a flyball to get the run in," Napoli said. "I just happened to get a base hit, so thats extra. Its nice to come through in those situations." NOTES: Thursday nights series finale features a duel of left-handers: Bostons Felix Doubront against Wei-Yin Chen. ... Baltimore LHP Johan Santana, seeking to rebound from shoulder surgery, threw 30 pitches off a full mound Wednesday in Florida. "Its encouraging to see that Johans throwing all his pitches," manager Buck Showalter said. ... David Lough went 0 for 4 and Steve Lombardozzi went 1 for 3 in their Orioles debut. ... Lackey has gone at least five innings in 23 of 24 starts against Baltimore. Marvin Jones Jr Lions Jersey . TSN 1290s coverage begins with Hustler & Lawless at 3pm.  Rick Ralph hosts the Official Jets Pre-game Show at 5pm. Kerry Hyder Jersey .com) - John Wall had 15 points, 12 assists and four steals as the Washington Wizards defeated the New Orleans Pelicans 92-85 on Monday night. http://www.shopdetroitlionsnfl.com/lion … k-jersey/. Perez, 35, posted a 1-2 record with a 3.69 earned-run average in 19 relief appearances last season. His season ended Aug. 9 due to a torn ligament in his left elbow. Perez joins infielder Andy LaRoche and catcher Mike Nickeas with minor-league agreements for 2014 that include invitations to attend spring training. Anquan Boldin Youth Jersey . 22 because of a bruised foot and have added forward Sean Collins to the roster on emergency recall from Springfield of the AHL. Barry Sanders Jersey . Russell Wilson against Darrelle Revis, former teammate Brandon Browner and whatever schemes Bill Belichick dreams up.GENEVA - The fight to remove Sepp Blatter from the most powerful job in world soccer intensified in Europe on Wednesday.In a surprise entry to the FIFA presidential contest, Portuguese great Luis Figo — the 2001 world player of the year — claimed the required support of five national federations by the entry deadline Thursday.I look at the reputation of FIFA right now and I dont like it. Football deserves better, the former Barcelona and Real Madrid playmaker said in a statement without giving detailed campaign plans.Meanwhile, Dutch federation president Michael van Praag launched his campaign in Amsterdam, promising to modernize FIFA, expand the World Cup with more places for non-European countries and give Blatter an advisory role.FIFA is doing badly and has lost all credibility, said Van Praag, who famously told Blatter last year in Brazil that people no longer took him seriously. FIFA is constantly under suspicion. Of conflicts of interest, of nepotism, of corruption.Van Praag said he had no animosity toward Blatter and spoke with him to offer a position running a foundation helping less privileged children.In fact, I like him a lot as a person, the 67-year-old Dutch official said. However, someone who has led an organization for so many years and who has become the personification of its poor image, can no longer be the face of a modernization operation or of a new FIFA.Blatters opponents also include FIFA Vice-President Prince Ali bin al-Hussein of Jordan.Two more possible candidates from France, former FIFA official and longtime Blatter ally Jerome Champagne and former player David Ginola, seek to file nominations by Thursday evenings deadline.Still, Blatter is strongly favoured to win a May 29 vote by the 209 FIFA member federations, despite bribery and financial scandals which implicated several of his executive committee colleagues.Soccer leaders worldwide have shown little desire for change during Blatters 17-year reign overseeing spectacular commercial success for the World Cup. FIFA has cash reserves of $1.5 billion and distributes increasing bonuses to members.Figo has little experience of sports administration, but said a mood for change exists.I have seen the image of FIFA deteriorate, and as I speak to many people in football — to players, managers and association presidents — so many of those people have toold me that something has to be done, the 42-year-old Portuguese said.ddddddddddddFigos entry into the race complicates Europes strategy, potentially splitting support for him and Van Praag among the 53 UEFA voters, including some traditional Blatter loyalists. UEFA is the only one of FIFAs six continental bodies actively opposing Blatter.Figo was UEFAs ambassador for the Champions League final in Lisbon last year, and Van Praag is an elected member of UEFAs executive board which met on Monday.Thats when Van Praag announced his bid, saying he was running because no credible challenger had emerged. On Wednesday he further distanced himself from UEFA when saying his campaign was my initiative.The former president of four-time European champion Ajax is the first contender to reveal his nominees: Belgium, Faeroe Islands, Romania, Sweden and Scotland, plus his native Netherlands.The need for a European candidate was created last August when UEFA president Michel Platini opted not to stand against Blatter, while encouraging rivals for his 78-year-old former mentor.Platinis spokesman Pedro Pinto welcomed Figos entry.Credible candidates with new ideas will hopefully add to an open debate in the campaign, Pinto said in a statement. It is good for FIFA, and it is good for football to have valid candidates with extensive experience in the sport, and from different parts of the world.Platini has also supported Prince Alis candidacy.Ginolas bid is taken less seriously as hes being paid by a bookmaker to run. FIFAs ethics rules forbid officials having links to betting, gambling, lotteries and similar events or transactions connected with football matches.Figos paid contract with Asian gambling operator Dafabet, including as an ambassador for its 2014 World Cup promotion, has now ended, the firm said.Now that Luis has decided to stand for FIFA presidency it has been mutually agreed to end the ambassador contract, so he can concentrate his time fully on his campaign, Dafabets head of sports marketing and sponsorship, John Cruces, wrote in an email reply.The winning candidate needs two-thirds of the votes for victory in a first round of secret voting in Zurich, or a simple majority in subsequent rounds.___Associated Press writer Mike Corder in Amsterdam and AP Sports Writer John Leicester in Paris contributed to this report Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '